Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Tri Pod 1 General Discussion » Tri Pod 1 - How to build

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:37 am 

Hi Chris,

Not really....

Other than the continued perfect reliability of the set up on the prototype.

Do have a new workshop, TIG and someone with better skills to operate it than myself so I suppose that's heading in the right direction as far as improving the manifolding and the airbox. Something I will do once I get past the half dozen Tri Pod kit orders in front of me that all need to be completed by Xmas.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Andrew.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:51 am 

Will this setup fit under the stock VTR by any chance? I'm not averse to doing custom work to make it fit but I actually have a VTR and would be thrilled to find out this would fit.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:52 am 

Also, you don't know how likely I am to buy this if it will fit...as long as it isn't too expensive. I'm mainly looking for reliability and improved gas millage.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:57 am 

Anything new on this??

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:19 pm 

Hi Chris,

I did tidy up the manifolding a couple of months ago and it ran a little sweeter.

I really have and still are drowning in projects. The reality is I aint getting back to this for at least 3 - 5 months

I can help with the sideplates (that bolt the TBs together in the correct relationship), the TBs and the programming I am using to get you started.

Regards, Andrew.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:38 pm 

That would be great. Any way I could buy your time? What I mean is, put an order in for a car but instead of buying a car, have you put that time into finalizing this project?

I don't have any experience with megasquirt or efi of any kind. I'm willing to learn but I'm sure it would take me much longer to start from the beginning then it would for you to continue.

What will the components that you have cost me? And what other items should I be sourcing?

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:32 am 

Hi Chris,

I know it seems like you have been ignored but I have attempted to get onto a bit of a list of parts and prices for you a few times. Being pulled in multiple directions and whoever shouts the loudest tends to get fed.

Think around a thousand for TBs, Megasquirt with map installed, wiring diagram (fairly easy to implement) and side plates.

You will then need the manifolding and velocity stacks. I suggest we could make that up from excess parts I have from the original project. Not sure about the intake horns/velocity stacks though...

Other stuff is fairly obvious such as low pressure filter, high pressure filter, standard Bosch pump, and some hose. You will need a return line plumbed into your tank some way (can't remember whether they did from factory, thinking not, breather line perhaps?)

Maybe just email me a request as that is pretty much my todo list, if its in the email it will get dealt with. tripodcars@gmail.com

I'll chuck together a spreadsheet of every last bit of which I think I have one mostly done.

Regards, Andrew.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:13 pm 

Any updates

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:39 am 

Hi,

Not really as far as selling a kit. The update could be that it continues to run well covering nearly 40,000kms so far. Economy on the drive I just completed of 5000kms was spot on 7litres per 100kms with gear and a passenger. Somewhat better than the original bike one up I'm thinking?

I have increased the size of the airbox though which has improved things a bit. The original is very tight against the intake horns. I haven't retuned to take advantage of the change though yet. Indicative of my complete lack of spare time unfortunately.

Regards, Andrew.

Board index » Tri Pod 1 General Discussion » Tri Pod 1 - How to build